- a) The topic sentences in the text is:
– In the first place, people enjoy the companionship of cats.
– In the second place, cats are civilized members of the household.
– Lastly, only one of the most attractive features of cats as housepets is their ease of care.
- b) This text can be considered as a formal text. The reason is because the text is a five paragraph essay, where there are used vary, spectacular and immature language. There are a lot of arguments like cats do not have to be walked. The arguments are supported.
The article is not written as for example a text message, which become personal, and where you see the sender. It is objective, and it is not written in first person, where they tell their own opinion.
The author does not tell us about the situation from his/her point of view. That is why this text can be considered a formal text.
English as an international language
Today English is used in every corner of the globe and in every field of activity.
The language is used in every international bearing and are therefore the worlds conducting language.
The people, who use English, do not speak “the same.” They have accents, but it is still easy to understand.
Today English takes over the world. This happen through social medias, television, immigrants and a lot of other investing’s.
The language has already influenced the politics, culture and/ or society of a lot of countries in the world.
Jamaica and Belize is for example two countries that have English as their international language.
How became English the global language? And how influenced the language the different countries?
The British Empire was one of the most commanding global constructs. At the 1600th century the British people started to build colonies in different areas in the world.
The Brits took over the power, and used English when they spoke. The colonies started in Australia, USA and Canada.
The language is not hard to learn, and more and more started to use it, instead of their native language.